Pest Control for Homes and Businesses in Altoona
Just a few minutes from downtown Des Moines, Altoona is a great place to live and work. Altoona is often called the entertainment capital of Iowa because of its many festive and fun activities. Altoona plays host to many visitors throughout the year, making it a great place to live and visit.
Altoona is a very busy city for both people and pests. With warm and humid summers and wet winters, many different pests call Altoona home. If your Altoona home or business is struggling with pests, you need a pest control company that you can rely on.
For over sixty years, Schendel Pest Control has been serving properties throughout the Altoona, Iowa area. In our time serving the community of Altoona, we have built a reputation of high-quality and trustworthy pest control solutions. We are proud to help businesses and homes in the Altoona area with safe and effective pest control services.
Altoona’s Solution to Residential Pest Control
While Altoona is a very hospitable city, that doesn’t mean you have to host unwanted pests. Seasonal pests like ants, spiders, millipedes, and crickets can penetrate your home and upset your home’s order. If you’ve tried over-the-counter pest control products, you know that they don’t provide the long-lasting help that your home needs. For complete pest control coverage, call Schendel Pest Control.
When you team up with Schendel Pest Control, you can keep pests out of your Altoona home all year long. We offer several different maintenance plans that are customizable to your home and family’s needs. If you need help deciding on a maintenance plan for your home, our skilled service technicians can answer your questions and help you make your decision. When you need a pest control company in Altoona, Iowa that you can count on, turn to Schendel Pest Control.
Pest Control for Commercial Properties in Altoona, Iowa
If you own or manage a commercial property in the Altoona area, you know how difficult it can be to find a reliable pest control company. At Schendel Pest Control, we have over sixty years of experience keeping businesses in the Altoona area safe and pest-free. From restaurants to hotels, our team is equipped to protect your commercial property.
A pest problem at your business can be more than a nuisance. It can cause bad reviews, frustrated customers, or unhappy employees. Our preventative pest control treatments protect your commercial property around the clock from pests and the damage that they can cause. When your investment is on the line, turn to a pest control company with decades of experience.
How Can I Get Rid of Bed Bugs in My Altoona Home?
Bed bugs are something no homeowner wants to find in their home. If you notice signs of a bed bug infestation in your home, it is very important that you call for professional help right away. Many homeowners are tempted to try home remedies or over-the-counter products, but they don’t realize that these products can spread or worsen the infestation. For complete bed bug control, you need the help of experienced and licensed professionals. Bed bugs are hitchhiker bugs, and they can be found in any home, no matter the size or cleanliness. We have helped many homes in the Altoona area completely eliminate these pests, restoring their comfort and peace of mind.
We offer two bed bug treatments:
- Bed Bug Chemical Treatment - We offer a unique chemical treatment that is designed to eliminate bed bugs from your home as quickly as possible. Our Altoona team is equipped with high-powered equipment and innovative products to treat everywhere that bed bugs can hide in your home. To completely remove these pests from your home, we recommend follow-up visits every two weeks until you are no longer seeing signs of the bugs.
- Bed Bug Heat Treatment - Our heat treatment is a non-chemical treatment approach that penetrates furniture and other belongings to eliminate bed bugs in every life stage. We use state-of-the-art heaters and fans to evenly distribute the heat throughout your home. You can trust our Altoona team to treat your home with professionalism and respect throughout the entire heat treatment process.
Should I Have My Home Inspected for Termites?
Unfortunately, termites have been confirmed throughout the Altoona community. In our decades of experience, we have treated many homes in the Altoona area, even whole neighborhoods! Because of the social nature of termites, if your neighbor’s home has termites, there’s a good chance your home could be next. Without proper protection measures in place, your home or business could be at risk for a damaging and expensive termite infestation.
If you notice signs of termites in your home or around your property, it is important that you don’t wait to call a professional. We have seen countless homes that have waited too long for professional help and are left with an overwhelming amount of damage.
At Schendel Pest Control, we offer two very effective termite treatment methods:
- Sentricon Treatment - Sentricon is a bait-based treatment system that is non-invasive and highly effective. Our team installs indoor and outdoor bait stations for the termites to feed on. The Sentricon system is an excellent treatment and preventative option.
- Termidor Treatment - The Termidor treatment option is a tried-and-true treatment method. This is a liquid chemical application that is applied to the soil around your home. Without dirt removal or renovation, this treatment can last for decades.
Here are some facts about termites:
- Termites can travel more than 100 yards in search of food.
- It is common for two or more termite colonies to forage around a home.
- A termite colony can contain 1 million or more termites.
- Termites are found in more than 5 million American homes every year.
- Termites cost American homeowners 5 billion dollars in damage every year.
- Termite damage is rarely covered by homeowners’ insurance.
As always, we are more than happy to answer your termite questions. Simply call or email our team to get started.